WHAT IS A LIBERTY CANDIDATE?
I am the organizer for Liberty Candidates – a facebook page with over 5,000 members that has a coordinating committee meet up and a blog http://gigibowman.wordpre… We just had our first Money Bomb  on the Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party and it was very successful! Hopefully all of the candidates received some kind of donation. They need them badly. In the meantime the links are there so that we can donate to them at any time. Our next Money Bomb is The Great Patriot Money Bomb on April 16th thru April 18th . I hope you can help and donate to them at this time!
Here is the link to the facebook page
The Meetup Committee if you would like to be a part of the committee http://www.meetup.com/Liberty-Candidates-2010/
But What is a Liberty Candidate?
Liberty Candidates are Ron Paul Republicans/Libertarians/Constitutionalist. Most of them are Liberty Candidates because they know who Ron Paul is. They have, in the past, been a delegate, donated to him, were inspired by him, were on a Ron Paul meet-up, know how to fundraise, hang a sign in the most obsolete areas of the planet and get teary eyed when they see the movie “For Liberty”. A Liberty Candidate will understand what I’m saying here.
Usually I will see a Liberty candidate not skip over “Foreign Policy” in the issues part of their candidate website because they are adamant about wanting the war to end and wanting to bring our troops home now! Even if they are running for comptroller I’ll still know how they feel about wanting the war to end, ending the fed and sound money so It’s easy for me to tell a liberty candidate. If I were running I would be one. I’m here because of Ron Paul. If you look up my name on google you will see that I was a delegate for Ron Paul, dressed in black at night and hung signs on overpasses for Ron Paul, donated to Ron Paul, I ran a Ron Paul meetup, I’m an organizer for a Campaign for Liberty Group and I am the Suffolk County, NY Organizer for Campaign for Liberty.
So on this note, I have a lot of people posting on the Liberty Candidate page asking me why they are not listed. I have their friends asking in a huff why they are not listed. I have candidates telling me they are Liberty Candidates and then I read their websites and it appears they want to make sure all the terrorist and muslim jihadist (a phrase that Liberty candidates would never use) need to be blown off the face of the earth and we need to go to war with Iran and I wonder…..does this person know what a liberty candidate is?
The people listed as Liberty candidates now are Liberty candidates. Adam Kokesh is a liberty candidate. Go and read Adam’s page and then tell me if you are a liberty candidate before you send me email demanding to be on this list. Don’t post your name on the page saying you are a liberty candidate when you haven’t been accepted yet. Our Liberty Candidates have been asked to be Liberty Candidates or were listed as such because it was obvious they were or they were put before a committee who decided. We want to makes sure that they stand apart from the Rest. Liberty Candidates are NOT Neocons. (and we know this phrase from Ron Paul’s speech Neo-Conned)
The only way to change our government is to elect Liberty Candidates. There is no other way to do that. I see no difference between the old boss and the new boss that we have now. The war continues as does The Patriot Act.
This is not change. If you want change donate to our liberty candidates today*
Thank you, Gigi Bowman – Liberty Candidate Supporter
In the words of Stephen Vasquez, New York State Coordinator for Campaign for Liberty and past-Congressional Candidate:
The Law by Frederic Bastiat should be required reading for ALL Liberty Candidates 🙂
You may download this book for free through Mises.org
Our Candidates Support the ReTake Congress Platform:
The Retake Congress Platform
Our goal is to find and support at least one candidate to run in all 435 congressional districts who will solemnly swear to uphold this simple non-partisan platform that covers 4 areas:
- The Economy: Honesty and transparency must be returned to our financial system. There should be a thorough investigation and evaluation of the Federal Reserve System. The arbitrary power to create money with no oversight must be ended. There should be no increase in the national debt. The Federal Government needs to stay out of the affairs of private business. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies.
- Individual Rights: Individual rights and sovereignty are supreme and inherent. The proper role of government is to protect our unalienable rights to life, liberty, and property. The federal government must serve the people by protecting these rights within the borders of the states that make up the union. We must repeal the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, elimination of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the American people for the benefit of the government. We must return the checks and balances as intended by the founders. The illegal use of signing statements and illegal use of executive orders must be ended. The government must not regulate the content of the media.
- Foreign Policy: We must stand for a strong national defense. The military is the main responsibility of the Federal Government. Our military should be used to protect only our citizens and defend our borders. We need to get our troops out of foreign countries and politics. Our foreign policy should not impose our will or way of life on other nations. We must not act as world police. We must reject international treaties that could destroy our national sovereignty.
- Congressional Promise: No member of congress should ever vote for any bill they have not read!
Liberty Candidates Endorse The Libertarian Observer http://thelibertarianobserver.com/
Liberty Candidates Endorse The Liberty Guardian http://thelibertyguardian.com/
Liberty Candidates Endorse Lpmndc – The Libertarian Party of Metropolitan Nashville Davidson County http://lpmndc.org/index.php
The Liberty Candidates Endorse the Live Free or Die Rally www.livfreeordierally.com
Liberty Candidates supports Free & Equal
Liberty Candidates support the 10-4 Pledge
10 for 2010
1. All just political authority is derived from the People, and government may only be established and maintained with their consent.
2. The People of each State have the sole and exclusive right and power to govern themselves in all areas not delegated to their government.
3. A government without limits is a tyranny.
4. The Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that which has been delegated by the people to the federal government in the Constitution, and also that which is necessary and proper to advancing those powers specifically enumerated in the Constitution of the United States. The rest is to be handled by the state governments, or by the people themselves, as they determine.
5. In order for a federally-exercised power to be “necessary and proper” it must be a) something that, without which, would make the enumerated power impossible to exercise, and b) a lesser power than that which has been enumerated
6. The “Interstate Commerce Clause” in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution, does not permit Congress to regulate matters that merely affect commerce among the States. It only permits Congress to regulate trade among the States.
7. The phrase, “general Welfare,” in Article I, Section 8 does not authorize Congress to enact any laws it claims are in the “general Welfare” of the United States. The phrase sets forth the requirement that all laws passed by Congress in Pursuance of the enumerated powers of the Constitution shall also be in the general Welfare of the United States. This was affirmed by James Madison when he wrote: “With respect to the words “general welfare,” I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.”
8. The federal government is not authorized to tax the People to raise monies for unconstitutional purposes. Likewise, the federal government is not authorized to condition funding to State or local governments on compliance with mandates which require them to do what the federal government is not authorized to do directly.
9. When Congress enacts laws and regulations that are not made in Pursuance of the powers enumerated in the Constitution, the People are not bound to obey them.
10. When the federal government exceeds its Constitutional authority, a nullification of the act is the rightful remedy. Without that remedy, the People would be living in a tyranny, under the unlawful and excessive control of one or more branches of the federal government.
As a public office holder, or a candidate for public office, I promise that, as long as I hold office:
1. My votes will always be in favor of the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this State. Every issue. Every time. No exceptions. No excuses.
2. I do, and will continue to, oppose any and all efforts by the federal government to act beyond its Constitutional authority.
3. I will proactively introduce and support measures designed to adhere to the Tenth Amendment and preserve, to their fullest extent, the powers of the People in my district, and of the legislators and administrations of my State.
4. I will introduce, sponsor and support a resolution affirming the sovereignty of the People of each State under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
5. I will introduce, sponsor, and support legislation that seeks to repeal laws and regulations that are outside the scope of the powers delegated by the people to the federal government.
6. I will introduce, sponsor and support legislation that provides such relief as is necessary and proper to provide fair redress to the citizens of my State in response to actions by the federal government which exceeds its Constitutional authority.
7. Whenever I vote in favor of a new federal power, I will always make public my justification for it within the confines of the enumerated powers of the Constitution.
8. I will only vote in favor of a bill that I have thoroughly read, considered and understood.
9. I will be accountable to voters. Upon request, I will make public every vote I cast while in office.
10. I will keep this pledge public, and will provide a link on my website which directs constituents to the text of this pledge.
The Federal Pledge http://pledge.tenthamendmentcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/10th-amendment-pledge-federal.pdf
Some of Our Liberty Candidates are also endorsed by the following Groups:
Republican Liberty Caucus http://www.rlc.org/
Bring Home the Politicians http://bringhomethepoliticians.com/
Voters with Change http://www.voterswithchange.com/
Independence Caucus http://www.ourcaucus.com/endorsed2010.html
9-12 Candidates http://912candidates.org/
End the Fed Network http://endthefedusa.ning.com/
As a public office holder, or a candidate for public office, I affirm that: